MY BLOGS

Life brings with a plethora of experiences, each with a flavour of its own. I wish to share with all my readers these various experiences and observations that I have made during my time here on this planet. They may be funny, thought-provoking or simple reflections. I do hope you will find these enjoyable and interesting.

Tuesday 8 May 2012

A Mother's Song

This is a poem dedicated to all mothers of this world and their children on the occasion of Mother's Day.


Welcome my little one into this world
Hold onto my finger with your tiny hand curled
Hold onto it with all your might
Oh you little fairy, you're such a blessed sight

You are the very incarnation divine
You are the continuation of a line
Of daughters of our Mother Eve
You are the Mother Goddess's gift, I firmly believe

Those rosy cheeks, those inquisitive eyes
The wrinkled forehead shows you are wise
What are you looking for in my face
Can you read in it what my heart says?

You are the queen of your own fate
You will make with your destiny your own date
Go child, achieve whatever you will
Fly over every mountain, climb every hill

Do you want to be a doc, an engineer
An astronaut, painter or pilot dear
Would you like to make a career
For yourself or be content as a home maker

The choice is entirely yours my little star
I know, no matter what, you'll make a mark
On the sands of time you'll write your name
May success be yours, may you get a lot of fame

Be happy, be brave, my dearest one
My little sugary honey bun
You are my treasure, you are my joy
Who says you are less than any boy

Come, let me plant on your cheeks a kiss
This is my promise to my little miss
Darling should you have any fear
Know that your mom is ever near

I'll stand by you through thick and thin
No matter whether you lose or win
Losses and victory will come and go
Walk with your head held high even when you feel low

But for now my little bird rest
In your mother's arms, this is your nest
Sleep my child, you need to grow strong
You'll grow your wings and fly off 'ere long

No comments:

Post a Comment