MY BLOGS

Life brings with a plethora of experiences, each with a flavour of its own. I wish to share with all my readers these various experiences and observations that I have made during my time here on this planet. They may be funny, thought-provoking or simple reflections. I do hope you will find these enjoyable and interesting.

Tuesday 19 May 2015

My Vegetable Garden

Check here for my posts on Composting

The composting is going fine and I have been very excited about starting up an organic vegetable garden in my balcony!  Very ambitious, what?!  Well, no harm in trying and there are so many folks who are growing veggies on their terraces.  Don't know how well they will grow, but am determined to try.

Here are some of the seeds which have sprouted.  Many have been savaged by squirrels and birds.  So trying out some stuff to keep them at bay as well.

 These bunchbeans were damaged due to severe rains and hailstones.  Attached scotchtape to them and decided to wait and watch.  They healed.

Here are buds appearing


 Brinjal seeds sprouted into saplings


Saplings transplanted


Bhindi sprouted in rind of sweet lime and planted rind et al


Bean plant savaged by squirrels


Saving the capsicum saplings from squirrels and birds


Desperate situations call for desperate measures - wooden barricade and chilli powder treatment 


Chow chow 


Roots of greens from a bought out bunch stuck into a pot growing


One more green grown the same way


Now keeping my fingers crossed and praying the plants grow well and that I get some good organic produce!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Spending some
    time and actual effort to produce a top notch article… but what can I say… I procrastinate
    a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Have a look at my page ... summer bedding plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...My first read here. Nice to see your enthu for gardening..I do love these potted plants ! Now I am more convinced that you should photo blog too:)
    I am off to Kumbakoinam tomorrwo and will be back on Sunday evening. Will read the rest after that.
    Warmest regards
    Jeeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeeves. So good to see you here. Have a great time in Kumbakonam!

      Delete
  3. Okay...My first read here. Nice to see your enthu for gardening..I do love these potted plants ! Now I am more convinced that you should photo blog too:)
    I am off to Kumbakoinam tomorrwo and will be back on Sunday evening. Will read the rest after that.
    Warmest regards
    Jeeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete